Saturday, August 13, 2011

Colton's Middle Name

For a long time now I've been wanting to give Colton his dad's middle name. Every time I thought of him or said his name in my head or out loud, he was always Colton Michael. And now it's official! I wanted to give Corey some time to think about it because I know what a challenge this must be for him and his son, but I believe it was something he really wanted too. I can't tell you how happy this makes me! Corey is strong, compassionate, faithful and thoughtful, and just a good man. And I know, although we may never get to all of the resemblances I know Colton Michael is just like his dad, even now.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts and comments. I could never put into words how deeply moved I am by the support of friends and family and people I just met or even people that I have never met. Your commitment to Corey, Colton, myself and my family is so humbling and overwhelming. I want to especially thank those of you have shared difficult and similar situation that you and your family have gone through and continue to battle. Please, know that our hearts go out to you and that your willingness to share your struggles has been a tremendous gift for me and Corey. I think one of the biggest things for me to remember is that we were created to be apart of a community. To share in loss and in triumph of our fellow brothers and sisters. And I can't thank you enough for the community and the family you have all given to us.

We continue to ask for prayers for that ability to love and cherish every day we have with Colton Michael. A friend of mine reminded me of a song that was sung at our wedding called, In Whatever Time We Have. It has never rang so true to me than it does today. May we all live and love each other in whatever time we may have. God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. I am humbled by my wife and so proud of my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you never fail to touch my heart with your posts. It means a lot to me that you've chosen Michael for Colton's middle name. Michael means, who is like God? God has formed little Colton in His image and has a special plan for him that he will fulfill in whatever time he has on this earth.He is already making an impact here and it is beautiful. This one thing I know for sure.
    Corey means, God's peace, and I've always said, Corey is a lot like his dad. I know Corey exudes peace and provides comfort and stability for you as Pops does for me.Thank you, Melissa, for loving my son so much and giving me my first grandson who I can't wait to meet, and is already so amazing . I'm humbled by all of you. Many hugs

    ReplyDelete