Monday, September 12, 2011

Colton's well

Donations for Colton's well are over $2,100!  In a week or so the final amount will go out and the well will be under construction!  Thank you all so much for your generosity.  We are amazed at the response, and excited to see how God will use this gift to provide life-giving water to people in need.

Speaking of generosity, we continue to get cards and letters, emails and messages, verses and prayers from so many--some we have known our whole lives and some we have met recently. It is overwhelming and humbling to be the recipients of so much support.  We know so many people have suffered losses in life, especially in light of this past weekend, and we pray that we would learn to support others in the way that you have all supported us.  Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!


1 comment:

  1. Way to go - so glad a well will be built in Africa in Colton's name!! What a great gift! I wanted to tell you both that I received a Thank You card in the mail from Holden Uganda for our gift last week. I don't know if you've seen one, but it's a beautiful card with their amazing logo of a small hand inside a larger hand, both in the shape of Africa. As I casually read the inside of the card, the sincerity and simplicity of their words brought me to unplanned tears. I love that they wrote "Your gift is also a gift of hope to families who are missing their babies in heaven." I couldn't agree more! Goes to show you that tears will sneak up on you guys when you least expect it, many years down the road. And it's not a bad thing - in fact, it makes life much richer. Love you guys! lisa

    ReplyDelete