Being back at the hospital was hard, especially with the thought that today was supposed to be the joyful day when we would meet our son. It is crazy how long ago his delivery seems; I can't really believe that Melissa should have been pregnant this whole time. Part of today was about taking time to think about him, to remind ourselves that he was here, to remember how our family and friends came together in an extraordinary way in a time that was filled with such sadness, and how joy and love was found in the midst.
We made a video that we wanted to post on this day in honor of Colton. The song is "Come to Jesus" by Chris Rice, which we played at Colton's service. Every time it comes on the radio it makes me cry. When I see these pictures I find myself amazed at the miracle that was Colton. He WAS here. His little heart beat and his little legs kicked. He inspired a love that I can't explain. We were uncommonly blessed to have him.
Again, we thank all of you for your continued love and support. We have had many phone calls and messages over the last few days, people who knew what this day was, and others who did not know but just wanted to express their love for us. We could not have gone through this alone, and every gesture is greatly appreciated.
Lifting up prayers for continued comfort.
ReplyDeleteDebbie & Roger Karwoski
It is hard to comprehend that today was the due date. Talking to mom the other day, and we started talking about heaven. It is impossible to travel very far down that road, the thoughts don't have much substance, but I like to think that I'll get to see Jesus. But then I like to think that I'll get to see Colton.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting, and for having such a big love that you can put your arms around all of this.
Me too.
ReplyDeletePraying for you!!! So glad you were able to take today to celebrate his life and remember him. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteEven in your sorrow Jesus shines so brightly! What a beautiful slideshow. You are being held up in prayer. Much love and prayers, Rebekah
ReplyDelete